Monday, January 21, 2013

OneWord Update #2 (and some changes)

I feel much better about writing this post than I did about the one last week.  I have done a lot better with my goals this week, and hope to continue to improve week after week.



Spiritually:  I have had quiet time before the kids got up 4 out of the 5 weekdays this week.  I am very pleased with that.  Of course, 5 out of 5 would have been better, but at least I am improving.  I did have a prayer time daily.  I am also pleased about what I have learned from the Word this week.  I have been studying in Luke and focusing on traits of Zacharius, Elizabeth, Joseph, and Mary.

Health:  As we have gotten farther into the New Year, I have found that some of my good intentions at being consistent are just not going to work with our schedule.  This is where my change comes in.  Going to the gym four days a week would be GREAT, and I’m sure that it would help me reach my health goals more quickly, but it just will not work with our schedule.  Therefore, I am changing this to three days week.  I may change it back to four days after I get a bike…  I could go to the gym three days and then bike ride another day to get four days of exercise in.  My water drinking is still the same.  I have found, through the years, that if I have some sort of water bottle that I can carry around with me, I am much more likely to drink the amount of water that I need.  About 6 months ago, I got a really nice water “bottle” as a gift.  It was made of hard plastic, but still broke when my son accidently knocked it off of the table.  I need to make sure that I get one soon!  I think that I also ate something after 7 p.m. once this week…just like last week.

Homeschooling:  I have kept plans up-to-date.  We are still moving forward on everything else.  We did take a break this week…just because we all needed it.  I plan on schooling on MLK Day anyway, so we will make up for that one pretty quickly.

Blogging:  For the first time, I blogged four times this week!!!  I enjoy writing so much.  This is something that I have come to love!
So...consistency has been better...and hoping to keep moving in that direction.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment